MDM Escapes to Palm Beach!
The island of Palm Beach is known for having some of Florida’s finest hotels, shops and restaurants, as well as, of course, 47 miles of breathtaking white sand beaches. I mostly relaxed and enjoyed the beach while there, but also made time to check out some of the best this little piece of paradise has to offer!
If you like to shop, a stop on the esteemed Worth Avenue is a MUST. This scenic street is one of the most iconic shopping spots in the country and is great for people watching and window shopping. While Worth Avenue is filled with high-end shops like Louis Vuitton and Saks Fifth Avenue, I liked exploring the quaint little alleyways off of it and discovering hidden boutiques. I don’t usually like to spend time shopping while on vacation, but I really enjoyed checking out this gorgeous and historic shopping mecca. It’s the perfect thing to do while the guys are perfecting their golf swing at one of the championship golf courses in the area!
Another must while in Palm Beach is to stroll around - or even bike - to admire the scenery and all the beautiful homes. If you bike along the Lake Trail, you’ll have the ocean filled with yachts on one side, and breathtaking mansions on the other. It’s crazy how perfectly polished and picturesque the whole island is!
There’s really so much to do in this bustling town. Whether you want to charter a boat and get out on the water, visit some of the historic landmarks like the Flagler Museum (Henry Flagler’s former residence), or just relax on the beach with a drink in your hand, there’s something for everyone!
Of course, while there I made sure to visit and tour some of the best hotels – all of which are partner hotels of mine where I can offer exclusive amenities and perks!
Eau Palm Beach
Eau (pronounced “Oh” and is the French word for water) Palm Beach, formerly known as the Ritz-Carlton Manalapan, was rebranded Eau Palm Beach and redecorated by Jonathan Adler several years ago. Eau is family-friendly, luxurious but unpretentious, and is the perfect spot for a couple’s getaway, a girls weekend, or a family vacation. The Eau has an amazing spa, two pools (an active resort pool and an adult tranquility pool), a state-of-the-art fitness center, three tennis courts with an on-site pro, oceanfront cabanas, four restaurants, and an impressive kids club.
What MDM loves-
- THE SPA! The Eau Palm Spa is on the list of the world’s best spas every year by major publications, and it’s easy to see why. Their 42,000 sq ft spa is beyond gorgeous, and you will find champagne and mini cupcakes everywhere you go!
- The colorful and cheeky décor by Jonathan Adler, which is found in the hallways, rooms and bathrooms.
- The unsuspected luxuries, like the glass of champagne and aromatherapy towel when you check-in and the beach tote bag and slippers you’ll find on your bed.
- The adult pool has a champagne butler who will put champagne flutes on a surfboard and swims it out to you while you’re relaxing in the pool!
- Custom designed picnic bicycles which allow guests to take the Eau experience on the road with a gourmet lunch and beach blanket. They even provide a map of local bike routes so you are sure to see all the sites on Palm Beach Island!
- The personalized service at the Club level, where the staff really gets to know you and anticipates your every need. It’s open 24/7, with drinks available at all times and food is out throughout the day.
The Four Seasons just completed an incredible $45 million renovation and reopened in November 2018. I never went before the renovation, but was very impressed and loved the relaxed yet glamorous style of this resort.
What MDM loves-
- The amenities! Every hour on the hour the staff will come around with different amenities, which could be fresh squeezed juice, chips and guac, cool aromatherapy towels, cool peppermint patties, or they may come around and clean your sunglasses that are smudged from your tanning oil!
- The beach. Out of all the resorts I saw, I think this one had the best beach area. They have a huge private beach with beach butlers, cabanas, and tons of activities (volleyball, stand up paddleboards, kayaks, kids area, games, etc.). They even have teak boardwalks that extend far out into the beach almost reaching the lounge chairs so that your feet don’t get too hot in the sand!
- All the beach and pool umbrellas have little buttons you can press which immediately alert the pool and beach butlers that you need something. The butlers are alerted through a wristband that they are always wearing, so you’ll never have to wave someone down or wait long if you need anything!
- The beautiful rooms with fresh decor. Every room has a balcony that faces the ocean.
- The amazing Florie’s restaurant with an internationally acclaimed, Michelin star chef.
The Breakers is one of the most iconic properties in the United States and is world-renowned for luxury and opulence. Set on 140 acres, The Breakers features 540 rooms and suites, 36 holes of championship golf, 10 Har-Tru tennis courts, a luxury spa, a breathtaking oceanfront with a half-mile of private beach, a Mediterranean-style Beach Club, four oceanfront pools, a Family Entertainment Center, eight restaurants, eight bars, and an array of on-site boutiques!
What MDM loves –
- The exclusive 25 room boutique “hotel-within-a-hotel” experience at the Flagler Club where the personalized team goes above and beyond to cater to their guests.
- The variety of fantastic restaurants and bars, including the Seafood Bar (which has an aquarium that functions as a bar top!) and HMF (a see-and-be-seen kind of place with a Mad Men vibe).
- The tropical scenery and manicured gardens. The driveway leading up to the stately hotel is perfectly lined with massive palm trees and makes for a grand entrance!
- The redesigned 20,000 sq ft Mediterranean-style oceanfront spa. This indoor-outdoor spa is a pampering paradise where you could easily spend the entire day getting specialized treatments and relaxing in their relaxation lounges!
- The option of four different pools with restaurants, bars, chaise lounges and luxury bungalows!
Even if you aren’t staying there during your trip Palm Beach, it’s worth a visit to either eat at one of their restaurants, shop at their on-site boutiques, relax at their spa, or just to admire the amazing architecture.